Suspension of Normal Practice Working Arrangements
From Wednesday 18th March 2020, the following special measures will be put in place in order reduce the risk of Coronavirus transmission to patients and staff.
- Routine face-to-face GP appointments will be suspended and replaced by telephone consultations wherever possible. If you need URGENT medical attention please telephone the Practice and a clinician will call you back.
- It is essential that you give a true and accurate reason for your call and symptoms. If this is found to be untrue, any subsequent consultation will be terminated.
- Repeat prescriptions will no longer be collectable from the Practice, but will be sent direct to a nominated pharmacy. Please indicate your pharmacy of choice when ordering prescriptions. Please do not order prescriptions early as these will not be issued. Please use our online ordering system if possible, or post a written request through our letterbox.
- Some nurse appointments may have to be cancelled according to other competing clinical needs over the coming weeks. Our receptionists will be in touch whenever this is the case. You should attend any pre-booked nurse appointments as normal unless you are advised not to. You must obviously cancel nurse appointments should you have any of the Coronavirus symptoms described above.
- Medical certificates (“Sick Lines”) will be posted to patients and will no longer be collectable from the Practice.
Coronavirus (COVID-19) Outbreak
If you have NO SYMPTOMS, but would like further information about COVID-19, navigate to NHSInform or call the NHS24 dedicated Novel Coronavirus Helpline on 0800 028 2816.
If your symptoms become very severe during self-isolation (such as difficulty breathing or severe shortness of breath), or if they continue to make you feel ill beyond the 7 days, please DO NOT TELEPHONE the Practice, but do telephone NHS 24 on 111. As from now, NHS 24 will now be dealing with all telephone consultations, face to face consultations and home visits relating to Coronavirus. Do NOT, under ANY circumstances, come to the Practice, or you risk spreading possible Coronavirus infection to others.
Make sure you stay up to date with all of the latest advice and information by checking NHS Inform.